Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Don't Let It Get Away

Good morning, Loved Ones (evening to those up late on Tuesday),

Sharing my 5 on Tuesday night because of a trip early on Wednesday.

Psalm 34:11-14 (The Message)
11
Come, children, listen closely;
I'll give you a lesson in God worship.
12 Who out there has a lust for life?
Can't wait each day to come upon beauty?
13 Guard your tongue from profanity,
and no more lying through your teeth.
14 Turn your back on sin; do something good.
Embrace peace—don't let it get away!

I give thanks for the lesson in worship I received Sunday when we experienced two baptisms and a wedding on the 120 anniversary of the church. Actions do speak louder!

I give thanks for the warm smile and personality of Karina Rivera, one of the newest members of Christ's body.

I give thanks for Karina's brother, Max, the heartbeat of our worship experience and the other newest member of Christ's body.

I give thanks for Everardo and Teresa who made their promises to each other in the presence of the great congregation and before God.

I give thanks that after 120 years new promises are being made on the corner of 17th and Wilson.


I'm waiting . . . Dame cinco, por favor!

Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment