Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Aha!

Good Morning, Loved Ones,

Our scripture for today is the first few verses of Isaiah 60

"Get out of bed, Jerusalem! Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight.
God's bright glory has risen for you.
The whole earth is wrapped in darkness,
all people sunk in deep darkness,
But God rises on you,
his sunrise glory breaks over you." (The Message)

Today is Epiphany. The day of Tres Reyes, the biblical foreshadowing of the Good News being shared with the whole world. The Magi carried the Good News beyond Jerusalem even before Peter and Paul.

An epiphany is an "aha!" moment, a moment of revelation when the cartoon light bulb over your head switches on. God's sunrise glory breaks over us. Let's give thanks

I give thanks for Pastor Alfonso's synergy message last week and when he giggled and laughed in the pulpit. Aha-ha-ha!

I give thanks for Congressman Emmanuel Cleaver whom we visited Tuesday morning to try and convince him to co-sponsor the new immigration reform bill, only to find that he had already done it! Aha-ha-ha!

I give thanks for Luke's joy last night in hearing that school was canceled for today. Aha-ha-ha!

I give thanks for another day of Cafe en la Calle. Surprised by the familiar faces who now smile when they see us and say they were worried we might not be coming because of the cold. Aha-ha-ha!

I give thanks for my doc, Ted, who at my physical on Monday gave me a cane with a horn, a rear-view mirror and a slow moving person sign on it to commemorate my 50th year. Aha-ha-ha!

Even if you are snowed in and froze up, "God rises on you" Give thanks!

Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment