Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's Coming to You

Good evening, Loved Ones,

The daily lectionary gospel passage for today is one I cannot resist. Here's a portion.

Matthew 25:31-46
34-36
"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'

Today I am thankful for those who have fed me . . . those who take the time to make a meal to share, those who bake the bread, make the tacos and set the table.
Today I'm thankful for ice water on 100 degree days, for sun tea brewed a day ahead to share, for coffee handed to me loaded with cream and sweetener and a dram of scotch shared over good conversation.
Today I'm thankful for people who welcome me in their home, their city, their town, their hearts.
Today I'm thankful for thick clothes on cold days and thin clothes on warm days and the variety of hands that toil in areas of poverty around the world so that I can dress appropriately and cheaply. (God forgive us!)
Today I'm thankful for those who have cared enough to stop and share words of hope when my spirit is sick and touch me with healing hands when my body aches.
Today I'm thankful for my faith family whom I know will be there to help liberate me from whatever evil may capture me.

For the promise of a blessings that come when we share our common humanity with each other . . . I give thanks.

Gimme cinco!
Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment