Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reckless Love

Good afternoon, Loved Ones,

Today you get a tandem jump on the Gimme Cinco skydive. Let's hope the chute opens!

As Pastor Terry and I work together preparing for a community conversation tomorrow night in Conception, MO we ponder our gratitude with the daily lectionary passage ringing in our ears.

John 12:24-26 (The Message)

24-25"Listen carefully: Unless a grain of wheat is buried in the ground, dead to the world, it is never any more than a grain of wheat. But if it is buried, it sprouts and reproduces itself many times over. In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is destroys that life. But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you'll have it forever, real and eternal.



It is wheat planting season. Thanks for those who plant in faith knowing that something has to die in order for something else to be born.

Already in Meade County last week's tragic death of Craig Unruh has given birth to the mystery of hope and new energy.

For support that is all around us in friends and strangers and the reckless way God loves us through them.

I give thanks for the times I have failed, been terminated and been sued. These have taught me life's best lessons.

For the cracks in my heart and armor in which the seed of God's love can find it's way in and out.

I give thanks for mentors who have died and who's seed I have seen multiply: my mother and dad, Morris McCrackin, Otto and Sally Handwerk, Alma West, Bert Cantwell.

I give thanks for mentors who are living who are continually "dead to the world" and alive in Christ: Tom Williams, Phylis Rauh, Bill Mularky, Donna Chavez, Doug Hubbard.

I give thanks for wisdom and mentoring that can come even from our children . . . Sam and Luke, thanks!

I give thanks for the reckless loving of Chip, our newly adopted dog who we accidently locked in the shed for two days without food or water, yet who cam bounding out, playful and giving kisses to Eldonna and me.

I give thanks for all who "listen carefully." Theirs is the Kingdom of God.


Well, I think the chute opened, and now that our feet are back on the ground . . . back to work!

Gimme cinco!

Pastor Rick & Pastor Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment