Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In Pure Grace

Good morning Loved Ones! (get used to it!)

I know I've been a little wordy lately. Today I will try and express my gratitude a bit more succinctly.

Our scripture:

Romans 12:3 (The Message)

3I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him.

God has brought so much to me. Today I give thanks for the my co-workers (the staff at the church).

1) I give thanks to God for Bump Haynes who through many trials and difficulties has remained strong in his faith and continues to do work above and beyond the call in caring for God's house and offering leadership in worship.

2) I give thanks to God for Luis Ebenezer Seanz who has grown into our Music Man. I thank God that he has stayed the course with us through many changes and frustrations. His leadership is growing everyday.

3) I give thanks to God for Jennifer Spears who has received her props multiple times in these dames. Nonetheless, her continued commitment to our young people is inspiring.

4) I give thanks to God for Carmen Flores who is a faith-full and devoted administrative assistant and interpreter. Even when she is not feeling well she displays a positive attitude and shares her joy in all she does.

5) I give thanks to God for my friend, Pastor Alfonso Tot. He is indeed more than a co-pastor to me, he is a dear friend and I give thanks that God has brought us together over many miles and multiple barriers to be co-laborers and brothers.

There you go! I tried to keep it short, but you know how it is.

All day long I eagerly return to my e-mail to see what you have to say. I'm waiting!

In pure grace,

Pastor Rick

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    My name is Chase Purdy, I'm one of the members of The Sad Bear blog. You commented a little over a month ago on a post of ours about Dr. John Reist. Just wanted to let you know we did see your comment, and thanks so much!

    If you'd like to talk more about the man feel free to email me at cppurdy@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete