Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Live a Lovers's Life

Good Morning Loved Ones!

Interesting term, isn't it? Loved Ones? We use it typically to refer to our family. We say, "I'm going home to visit my loved ones," or something like that. But am I out of line to call you "Loved Ones"? You are loved by me and by other friends and family however imperfectly. But the truth is --- you have received perfect Love from the one who is Love (1 John 4:7 - God is Love). You are indeed Loved Ones! Since we have experienced this Love we are obligated to share it with others. Our Hump Day scripture today is:

Philippians 1:9 (The Message)
So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.

With this call to love in mind and the knowledge that we are Loved Ones, let's give thanks.

1) I thank God for the gift of Love called Patience. I thank God for the many people who have been patient with me. I thank God especially for parents who are lovingly patient with their children and not quick to anger. I thank God for good teachers who patiently draw out the gifts of their students. I thank God for brothers and sisters in the church who are willing to wait with and for each other.

2) I thank God for the gift of Love called Honesty. I thank God for my friends who have been willing to tell me the truth in love. I thank God for the trust that comes in relationships when we can be honest without being hurtful.

3) I thank God for the gift of Love called Respect. I thank God for people who are able to show respect and honor to others. I thank God for the incredible blessing that can come from giving people respect and honor.

4) I thank God for the gift of Love called Trust. I thank God that there are so many people in my life that I trust. This is shear gift. I thank God for people who are willing to trust even total strangers. I pray that everyday my ability to trust others will increase.

5) I thank God for the gift of Love called Jesus. I thank God that all the qualities of Love can be found in the life and teachings of Jesus. I thank God that I have been found by him and that his Love lives on no matter what happens. Thank you God for showing us your Love in a Person, a Stranger, in One who lived a Lover's life, Jesus of Nazareth.

We are called to love extravagantly. This is what Dame Cinco is all about -- expressing our love through gratitude.

So let's hear it!

For this week my call is "Gimme some love!"

Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment