Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wide Open Spaces

Good Afternoon Loved Ones,

Hear the Word from Psalm 118:

Psalm 118 (The Message)

1-4 Thank God because he's good, because his love never quits.
Tell the world, Israel,
"His love never quits."
And you, clan of Aaron, tell the world,
"His love never quits."
And you who fear God, join in,
"His love never quits."
5-16 Pushed to the wall, I called to God;
from the wide open spaces, he answered.
God's now at my side and I'm not afraid;
who would dare lay a hand on me?
God's my strong champion;
I flick off my enemies like flies.
Far better to take refuge in God
than trust in people;
Far better to take refuge in God
than trust in celebrities.


I thank God for wide open spaces -- for room to breathe and and time rest, for open roads and brand new days, for freedom to follow true love wherever it leads.

I thank God for being at my side -- for the support God gives beneath me when the world starts to shake, for protection on my right and left from forces I question, for hovering above me and calling me to the higher path that sees beyond the questions, for having my back and fending off my past full of missteps and wrong turns, for being in front, coaxing and leading into an unknown and challenging future I give thanks.

I thank God for the pushes that come from my friends, my family, my permanent allies. I thank God for my permanent allies, my brothers and sisters of faith whom, through God's grace, always accompany me on this journey in joy and celebration as well as disagreement and confusion. I thank God for our permanent allies, God's agents, who help push us away from the walls and into the wide open spaces of God's grace and love.

I thank God for being our strong champion. For Jesus' strong teachings about championship living in the sermon on the mount, for the re-framing of victorious living that Jesus gives us in his life and teaching, for the new strength and power that comes from his death and resurrection, I give thanks for the strong champion, Jesus of Nazareth.

I thank God for the love that never quits. For little Amaya and Lilliana who interrupted my intense dame cincoing with their laughter and questions, for the voices of children who join together in song every morning at summer program, for the hundreds and thousands of God's children who have found refuge at Grandview Park for 120 years. God's love never quits!

Waiting to hear from you about how God's love never quits.

Pastor Rick
http://gimmecinco.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment