Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You Stepped In

Good Morning Loved Ones,

Here's hoping you all are well this morning. Today's passage for grateful reflection:

Psalm 138:1-3
, 8 (The Message)
Thank you! Everything in me says "Thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks.
I kneel in worship facing your holy temple
and say it again: "Thank you!"
Thank you for your love,
thank you for your faithfulness;
Most holy is your name,
most holy is your Word.
The moment I called out, you stepped in;
you made my life large with strength.
Finish what you started in me, God.
Your love is eternal—don't quit on me now.

Today I give thanks for the good news that surrounds us. For the great reports about Gigi's brother, Tom, and his cancer, for dedicated community leaders like Sean and Chris in Humboldt who step into the breach whenever and wherever they are needed, for Baptism and the profession of faith from a young girl with a bright smile and her loving family I give thanks.

Today I give thanks for the foot soldiers for Jesus who carry out their duties week by week at Grandview Park and in communities of faith around the world. For scripture readers, musicians and offering takers, for Sunday School teachers and children's church leaders, for projector controllers and sound technicians, for newsletter folders and mailers, for cooks and cleaners, for volunteer youth leaders and summer progrm and tutor workers, for prayer group host families and volunteer ride givers, for work day workers and many, many, many more who carry the church forward with their efforts I give thanks.

Today I give thanks for summer's special 3 month window for re-creation. For bike rides and ball games, for swimming and picnics, for warmth, heat and loads of sunshine, for grass that will stop growing 1/2 an inch a day by July (I hope!), for celelbrations and more time to spend with the kids, for vacations and road trips I give thanks.

Today I give thanks for challenges we all face. For conflict and the opportunity for positive change, for people who are willing to ask the hard questions and look for answers together, for those who persist in the struggle without blaming or scapegoating, for the love of God which never quits, never gives up, never stops coming our way even in hard times.

Today I give thanks for dreams and visions. For the nonsensical dreams that come in deep sleep to relieve the stress of the day, for the dreams that stick to our souls and fuel our everyday work and efforts, for visions of a better church, a better community and a better world I give thanks.

It's time to give thanks. Let's hear it.

Pastor Rick
http://gimmecinco.blogspot.com
Prayer group tonight is at the Tamez home and tomorrow night at Phylis Rauh's.

No comments:

Post a Comment