Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Right to Work


Good Afternoon, Loved Ones,

Busy, busy, busy. Your morning edition of Gimme Cinco has morphed into an afternoon edition. The lazy days of summer don't seem so lazy anymore. Jesus and the disciples experienced something of the same.

Mark 6:30-34 (The Message)

30-31The apostles then rendezvoused with Jesus and reported on all that they had done and taught. Jesus said, "Come off by yourselves; let's take a break and get a little rest." For there was constant coming and going. They didn't even have time to eat.

32-34So they got in the boat and went off to a remote place by themselves. Someone saw them going and the word got around. From the surrounding towns people went out on foot, running, and got there ahead of them. When Jesus arrived, he saw this huge crowd. At the sight of them, his heart broke—like sheep with no shepherd they were. He went right to work teaching them.


Today I give thanks that Jesus' answer to those in need is never, "Yes, but . . . I'm taking a much needed break now." His answer to those in need is always "Yes, and . . . I'll give you some beatitudes along with the loaves and fishes"

Today I give thanks that the most successful Kids Club Summer Program EVER is over save for the celebration Ice Cream Social on Saturday from 4-6. What a beautiful bunch of young people! What a beautiful bunch of leaders! What a fantastic piece of shepherding on the part of little old mustard bush GPPC!

Today I give thanks for the life of Cindy, friend of David's who died on Monday. I only came to know of Cindy today, but David came and shared his feelings about his friend with me. She was a 'sweetie' who was a great baker, a tireless worker and a good friend.

Today I give thanks for disciples who follow Jesus into the thick of the crowd, for shepherds willing to lead even when they aren't 100% sure of the road, even when they are tied and worn out, even when their bellies are growling and the crowd is growing restless.

Today I give thanks for the disciples who worked on the rest day last Sunday. For those who got hot and sweaty and dirty before during and after worship, for those who said "Yes, and . . . I'll work, I'll worship, I'll bring food and I'll work some more!"

Stop your "constant coming and going" long enough to gimme cinco. Please!?!?

Pastor Rick
Prayer group tonight is at Veronica's house, 34 S. 6th St. (6th st. & Hallock) - 7 pm
Prayer tomorrow is at our house, 1501 N. 83rd St. - 7 pm.
http://gimmecinco.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment